Our curriculum is enriched through:
- In school activities including visiting speakers and special curriculum days
- Visits and trips
- Extra-curricular activities
Extra-curricular activities are an integral par t of the ethos of the school. They provide students with
opportunity to enhance their personal development and self-image. They are planned as opportunities to extend the learning experience in the classroom and the wider community.
Extra-curricular activities are provided to:
- Develop and encourage experience and expertise in areas not provided for within the formal curriculum.
- Enhance students’ self-image and social development.
- Provide an opportunity for students to represent the school at local, county and national level.
- Enhance the ethos and image of the school in the community.
- Encourage students’ active participation in a variety of extra-curricular areas.
- Encourage in both sporting and other competitive pursuits the positive use of leisure time
- Offer valuable opportunities for residential experience in a variety of extra-curricular areas.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop their performance skills through dramatic and choral presentations.
All students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activity.